1/3 Photos of Oatmeal and Raisin Spice Cookie Bars
These can be made into individual cookies but seem easier baked in a pan and then cut. Substitute dried cranberries or dried chopped apricots if you like. They are very thin bars. From Simply Heartsmart by Bonnie Stern.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brush a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with oil, then line with parchment paper or foil, pressing paper down firmly so it stays. Leave a slight overhang of paper.
- 2In mixing bowl cream the margarine or butter until light. Add the sugars and beat until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix in well.
- 3In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice and ginger. Mix into the batter, then stir in the oatmeal and raisins.
- 4Press dough evenly into the lined baking pan. (This is the messy part.) The dough will be a bit sticky and there will seem to be almost not enough to fill the pan.
- 5Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden. Bake a bit less for chewier bars, a bit more for crispy bars.
- 6Let cool for 3 or 4 minutes, then lift gently out of the pan. Cool a couple more minutes, cut into squares, then cool fully.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal and Raisin Spice Cookie Bars
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.4
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 6.2 mg
- Sodium 24.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 1.2 g