Muesli Slice - Like Oatmeal Cookie Bars
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 2 cups natural untoasted muesli (or your own mix of rolled oats, dried fruit, bran, and seeds, to make 2 cups total)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (AKA wholemeal)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sultana (and or other dried fruit)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 180 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100 g milk chocolate (optional)
- Line a 8 x 8 inch pan/tin/dish (I used a square pyrex dish) with foil and spray with oil.
- Combine muesli, flour, dried fruit and sugar in a bowl.
- Melt honey and butter together in microwave, and cool slightly.
- Add eggs and butter mixture to dry ingredients, mixing to combine.
- Spread mixture into pan.
- Bake 30 minutes at 180 or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan.
- Place chocolate (if using) into a small heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon until melted. Spoon chocolate into a small snap-lock bag. Snip corner off bag. Drizzle chocolate over slice. Allow to set before cutting into squares.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I had some muesli to use up, and found and adapted this recipe. It's originally from Super Food Ideas. The original had more dried fruit in it, but my muesli was very fruity so I cut it back. You could always add more if you like. I also reduced the sugar from 3/4 cup to 1/3 cup, I thought it was plenty sweet! Tastes like a cake-y oatmeal raisin cookie.