Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe from my Rachel, my MIL
- 1 1⁄4 cups oat bran
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute, lightly beaten
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chunky applesauce
- Combine oat bran, oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg substitute, milk, canola oil, and applesauce.
- Mix moist and dry ingredients together.
- Spoon into 18 muffin tins sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Optional: Sprinkle each muffin with a cinnamon and sugar mixture before baking.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes or until browned.
These are very good. Very moist. Not too sweet and quite filling. Would be good, also, with some dried cranberries or cherries or nuts.