Applesauce Oat Bran Muffins
This is my own adaptation of a recipe I found on the back of the oat bran box. These are also good with cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top before baking, and are especially yummy warmed up in the microwave about 10-15 seconds , with a little margarine!
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups oat bran
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce, chilled
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners, or grease muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients, including nuts & raisins if using.
- In another bowl, mix together vanilla, oil, eggs & applesauce until well blended.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients; add wet ingredients & mix until well blended.
- Let mixture sit for 10 minutes (for oat bran to absorb some of the liquid).
- Spoon mixture into paper-lined muffin cups and bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown & toothpick comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in pan for 5 minutes; then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love this recipe. I was going to make the one on the back of the box, but yours looked so much tastier. The only change I made was instead of vanilla, I used 1 Tbsp. Molasses. I like the depth it gives to bran muffins. If you've never tried oat bran, get your feet wet with this recipe...it's yummy. Thank you for posting!Reply