Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This somewhat tweaked recipe originally came from Taste of Home Prize WInning Recipes, 2008.
Make and share this Nutty Yam Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F & lightly grease several baking sheets.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg & almonds.
- In another bowl, combine yams, sugar butter & vanilla, mixing well.
- Add flour mixture to yam mixture & combine thoroughly.
- Lightly flour a working surface, then turn dough onto it, kneading slightly.
- Roll dough to 1/2-inch thick.
- With a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter, cut biscuits & place them on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Loved these biscuits! So fluffy and moist with a delightful flavor. I halved the recipe and got 8 good-sized biscuits. I think they would be great with pecans as well. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I made these as scones for brekkie and they were a treat. I used pecans just because I like them more, tripled the cinnamon and added mace along with the nutmeg. For the sugar I used Splenda. Expect light textured, lovely biscuit, that are exquisite still hot from the oven with melting butter. It's an easy, no hassle recipe too so enjoy.
Wonderful biscuits Syd. We really enjoyed these sweet and subtely spiced biscuits, the combination of cinnamon, nutmeg and yams was excellent. The biscuits were light, tender, fluffy and very flavorful. Watch these babies carefully, they change color quickly. Next time, I will use parchment paper. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe Syd. I will be making these often.