Recipe by Sydney Mike
This somewhat tweaked recipe originally came from Taste of Home Prize WInning Recipes, 2008.
Top Review by loof
Loved these biscuits! So fluffy and moist with a delightful flavor. I halved the recipe and got 8 good-sized biscuits. I think they would be great with pecans as well. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups yams, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F & lightly grease several baking sheets.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg & almonds.
- In another bowl, combine yams, sugar butter & vanilla, mixing well.
- Add flour mixture to yam mixture & combine thoroughly.
- Lightly flour a working surface, then turn dough onto it, kneading slightly.
- Roll dough to 1/2-inch thick.
- With a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter, cut biscuits & place them on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown.