This somewhat tweaked recipe originally came from Taste of Home Prize WInning Recipes, 2008.
Make and share this Nutty Yam Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F & lightly grease several baking sheets.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg & almonds.
- In another bowl, combine yams, sugar butter & vanilla, mixing well.
- Add flour mixture to yam mixture & combine thoroughly.
- Lightly flour a working surface, then turn dough onto it, kneading slightly.
- Roll dough to 1/2-inch thick.
- With a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter, cut biscuits & place them on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown.