Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Id figure the calories in a batch of these,but I can't count that high--and I really don't want to know.
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 12 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1 (18 ounce) jar peanut butter
- 1 -16 ounce dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla pudding mix (dry)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Melt together chocolate and butterscotch chips with peanut butter.
- Spread half mixture in jellyroll pan.
- To other half, add peanuts; set aside.
- In saucepan combine, butter, pudding and milk. Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Add powder sugar and flavoring. Beat and then spread over first layer.
- Cool in refrigerator. Spread remainder of chocolate-peanut butter mixture on top. Keep refrigerated. Can be frozen.
My mother has been making these as long as I can remember, as part of her Christmas cookie trays. They are my absolute favorite and a staple for my Christmas baking as well. Since the recipe isn't clear, you DO NOT want the instant vanilla pudding; use the kind you cook. These are definitely a treat!
Could someone let me know if this recipe uses instant pudding mix or the kind you cook???
Made them today they are awesome you need to try them everyone there just like the store bought kind.