Top Review by JustJanS
A perfect balance of sweet, sour, salty and spicy (in my opinion) and so very simple to make. I used about a half a small carrot and thought that looked more than enough shreds. I'm going to be using this tonight as a dipping sauce for a duck I'm cooking right now.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- chili, fresh seeded minced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carrot, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- This was developed for people who did not like the taste of fish Sauce.
- Combine Garlic, shallot, Chile and Sugar in mortar and pestle and pound to a paste.
- Stir in fish Sauce, lime juice, vinegar and Water.
- When Sugar is completely dissolved, stir in carrot.
- Or you can combine all ingredients in jar with tight-fitting lid and shake until blended.