Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- This was developed for people who did not like the taste of fish Sauce.
- Combine Garlic, shallot, Chile and Sugar in mortar and pestle and pound to a paste.
- Stir in fish Sauce, lime juice, vinegar and Water.
- When Sugar is completely dissolved, stir in carrot.
- Or you can combine all ingredients in jar with tight-fitting lid and shake until blended.
A perfect balance of sweet, sour, salty and spicy (in my opinion) and so very simple to make. I used about a half a small carrot and thought that looked more than enough shreds. I'm going to be using this tonight as a dipping sauce for a duck I'm cooking right now.