- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup hard margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups diced potatoes (or so)
- 2 cups boiling water (enough to cover potatoes)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 lbs haddock fillets, cut bite size
- 1 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, melt butter. Add onion and sauté until soft.
- Add next 5 ingredients; cover. Cook until potatoes are tender-crisp. Do not overcook. Remove bay leaf.
- Add fish; cook for about 5 minutes until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Stir in cream; heat slowly, stirring often, until steaming hot.