Recipe by Debbwl
As if the honey and orange zest weren’t enough to set this zucchini bread apart from most others it is topped off with a orange cream cheese glaze.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this according to the recipe & thought it was great, but then, I was also quite generous with the orange zest in both the batter & the glaze (do love that stuff)! Another time, just to see what others are talking about, I might substitute sugar for half the honey, but will have to think about that, since we both enjoyed the bread as made this first time! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed just for the halibut!]
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, fresh
- 7 ounces honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups zucchini, grated
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon orange zest; than mix in honey, eggs, vanilla and oil.
- Stir in zucchini and walnuts; pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for one hour or till tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes in pan before turning out.
- In mini mixer beat cream cheese, confection sugar, orange juice and orange zest until well blended and smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over top of slightly warm bread allowing to run down sides. Allow to finish cooling before slicing.