1/2 Photos of Not So Creamy Cream Of Asparagus Soup
HEP MEP's Note:
I cannot believe I found this today! I cut it out of our local paper in March of 1988, made it once, we moved, and I never saw it again till this morning. It was in the basement in an old folder. The reason it appealed to me is that the potatoes act as a thickener rather than a lot of cream. And IF I recall, it was very tasty.. There are also 3 others using the same principle, but I never got to try them.(until now!) Cream of Potato, Cream of Mushroom, and Cream of Tomato.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash asparagus and trim away outside of woody stalks.
- 2Cut stalks into 1-inch pieces.
- 3Melt margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat; saute asparagus, onion, and potatoes until onion is translucent.
- 4Add chicken broth and water,and bring to a boil.
- 5Turn down the heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes Place in blender and blend until vegetables are are pureed.
- 6Return to saucepan over low heat.
- 7Stir in white pepper, nutmeg, cream or half-and-half, and lemon juice.
- 8Heat a few minutes longer, but do not allow soup to boil.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Not So Creamy Cream Of Asparagus Soup
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.0
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 463.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 5.3 g