Extra Easy Healthy Cream of Asparagus Soup
I am quickly becoming addicted to this easy to throw together soup. The flavor of the asparagus is carefully balanced so it doesn't take over. The potatoes add body and a creamy texture, so no real cream is necessary! We grow everything (but the sour cream) right here on the ranch so it is super economical- but still inexpensive if you need to buy the ingredients!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb asparagus spear, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth (I use fresh but canned will work)
- 2 teaspoons thyme (freshly minced)
- 1 dash hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- sour cream, & chives to top each bowl (optional)
- Throw everything except the sour cream and chives into a sauce pot.
- Cover with water if necessary and cook over medium heat for about 30 minutes until the asparagus and potatoes are fork tender.
- Ladle the mixture into your blender- I do it in several batches to be safe.
- Reheat in the microwave as needed and top with sour cream and chives or whatever is in your pantry!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This was simple, simple, simple to make, and so healthy too. I didn't have Thyme at home, but it didn't seem to matter. This is a great starter for a dinner. <br/><br/>The soup is hearty, if you want it comes out medium-thick, if you want it thicker, put in some broccoli or add more asparagus. Highly recommend, it's simple and healthy!