Recipe by mandabears
One thing to know about me is(besides being the laziest cook in the world) is that I love gnocchi. This is a Rachael Ray recipe that substitutes gnocchi for potatoes and is very delicious and easy to make. The original recipe calls for a small jar (4 ounce) of marinated mushrooms that I don't use because DH hates mushrooms..
- 2 lbs gnocchi
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 celery ribs, from the celery heart, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a large pot of water over high heat to boil the gnocchi.
- Once the water is boiling, drop the gnocchi into the port and for 3 minutes or until they float.
- While the gnocchi are cooking, grab a large mixing bowl and whisk together the mustard, and white wine vinegar.
- Stream the olive oil into the bowl while whisking, then season the dressing with the salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetables and parsley to the mixing bowl.
- Drain the gnocchi and them while still hot into the mixing bowl.
- You can serve the salad now or let it chill in the refrigerator for a cuple of hours to develop more of the flavors.
- Drizzle with an extra amount of olive oil when you are ready to seve.