This was posted for the Zaar World Tour 2006! I adapted the recipe from www.marions-kochbuch.de. Let me know how you like it! It will keep, wrapped, for 2-3 days in the fridge, which makes it a good dish to serve at parties, as you can prepare it in advance. The flavours blend and really come out after a day or two. Prep time does not include time it takes to chill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup flour (50gr)
- 5 fluid ounces milk (150ml)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt, to taste
- 11 ounces cream cheese with herbs (300gr)
- 1 ounce horseradish cream (30gr)
- 3 1/2 ounces creme fraiche (if you can't find any, sour cream should work)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 7 ounces smoked salmon, sliced thinly (200gr)
- 1Mix the milk, eggs, flour, oil and a pinch of salt to make a runny dough (just like European style pancakes).
- 2Set aside and allow to rest for about 30 minutes.
- 3Cover a large oven tray with baking paper (the kind that comes with your oven and has a slightly raised edge).
- 4Carefully pour the dough into the middle and spread thinly to form a rectangle.
- 5Bake for about 13 minutes until the edges start to come away from the tray.
- 6Allow to cool on the tray.
- 7Mix the cream cheese, horseradish and Creme Fraiche until smooth and creamy.
- 8Season with dill, salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Spread half of the mix onto the cold baked dough, cover with a layer of smoked salmon and then spread the rest of the cheese mix on top.
- 10Carefully roll the whole thing up, starting with the long end, to form a roulade. The baking paper should help you to do this.
- 11Cover with cling film and chill well. It's best to leave it in the fridge overnight, before cutting it into 3/4 inch thick slices using a very sharp knife.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Norwegian Salmon Roulade
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.2
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 52.3 mg
- Sodium 166.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with herbs