Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was posted for the Zaar World Tour 2006! I adapted the recipe from www.marions-kochbuch.de. Let me know how you like it! It will keep, wrapped, for 2-3 days in the fridge, which makes it a good dish to serve at parties, as you can prepare it in advance. The flavours blend and really come out after a day or two. Prep time does not include time it takes to chill.
- 1⁄3 cup flour (50gr)
- 5 fluid ounces milk (150ml)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt, to taste
- 11 ounces cream cheese with herbs (300gr)
- 1 ounce horseradish cream (30gr)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces creme fraiche (if you can't find any, sour cream should work)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 7 ounces smoked salmon, sliced thinly (200gr)
- Mix the milk, eggs, flour, oil and a pinch of salt to make a runny dough (just like European style pancakes).
- Set aside and allow to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Cover a large oven tray with baking paper (the kind that comes with your oven and has a slightly raised edge).
- Carefully pour the dough into the middle and spread thinly to form a rectangle.
- Bake for about 13 minutes until the edges start to come away from the tray.
- Allow to cool on the tray.
- Mix the cream cheese, horseradish and Creme Fraiche until smooth and creamy.
- Season with dill, salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread half of the mix onto the cold baked dough, cover with a layer of smoked salmon and then spread the rest of the cheese mix on top.
- Carefully roll the whole thing up, starting with the long end, to form a roulade. The baking paper should help you to do this.
- Cover with cling film and chill well. It's best to leave it in the fridge overnight, before cutting it into 3/4 inch thick slices using a very sharp knife.
Wow! This was really good! I got smoked salmon and trout from a little shop that only does smoked fish. The omlette is amazing! I've had similar dishes out but had no idea how to get the egg wrapper. I left out the horseradishsince DD doesn't like it and I used Sylvie's Creme Fraiche since we don't have creme freche available here (I only found it in a deli once). DH and DD are salmon addicts, so I know I'll be making this a lot!