Recipe by littlemafia
Posted for ZWT 6.From sons of Norway. Serve with crackers or dark bread. The original recipe calls for red paprika.
Top Review by lazyme
This was really good. Or actually - still is really good, lol. I made 1/2 the recipe yesterday and we tried it today. Left it out while we were doing other things and kept coming back to snack. My grandson liked it better on crackers, but I liked it better on bread pieces to soak up some of the marinade. Thanks littlemafia for a nice treat. Made by an Unruly Under the Influence for ZWT6.
- 11 ounces edam cheese
- 1 red pepper, cut in strips
- 1 1⁄4 cups olive oil
- 7⁄8 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorn
- 2 garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice cheese the size of sugar cubes. Prick with a fork to allow the marinade to be absorbed.
- Mix all ingredients for marinade in a heavy-bottomed casserole and bring to a boil. Cool.
- Layer cheese and red pepper in a jar and pour marinade over all.
- Cover and chill. Keeps 2-3 weeks in refrigerator.
- Let come to room temperature before serving, allowing cheese to come to full-flavor.