Recipe by CookbookCarrie
I got this recipe from the Taste of Home Quick Cooking cookbook (I believe 2001). Easy, quick, and something great to make with the 2 semi-squishy apples you have left.
Top Review by Dessert Rose
Wonderful, yum! I did mine in a crock pot on high. I used the rival cake/bread pan insert. Lined the bottom with wax paper, sprayed with cooking spray. Cooked for 115 minutes. Cooled pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Used knife to loosen cake around edges of pan and flipped out cake to completely cool on rack. At that time I sprinkled with cinnamon & sugar. This recipe is a keeper.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 apples, peeled,cored &,diced
- 1 cup walnuts
- cinnamon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients and add sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla, then stir in apples and walnuts.
- Liberally butter a bundt pan and pour batter in.
- Bake 375 degrees for approx.
- 50 minutes.
- Remove from pan when semi-cool and sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar.