Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this recipe from the Taste of Home Quick Cooking cookbook (I believe 2001). Easy, quick, and something great to make with the 2 semi-squishy apples you have left.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 apples, peeled,cored &,diced
- 1 cup walnuts
- cinnamon sugar
- Combine dry ingredients and add sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla, then stir in apples and walnuts.
- Liberally butter a bundt pan and pour batter in.
- Bake 375 degrees for approx.
- 50 minutes.
- Remove from pan when semi-cool and sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar.
Wonderful, yum! I did mine in a crock pot on high. I used the rival cake/bread pan insert. Lined the bottom with wax paper, sprayed with cooking spray. Cooked for 115 minutes. Cooled pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Used knife to loosen cake around edges of pan and flipped out cake to completely cool on rack. At that time I sprinkled with cinnamon & sugar. This recipe is a keeper.
Excellent receipe. Delicious moist cake. I have frozen one and used it later and it was still lovely and moist and lasted well afterwards. Easy to prepare and cook.
This was very nice. It reminds me of a cake my mom used to make. It was hard to get out of the pan. Mine got too dark on the outside before it was fully baked on the inside. Will lower the baking temp. next time. I also will dice my apples really fine next time. Very moist and delicious! thanks!!