Recipe by Nana Lee
Another Kraftfoods.com recipe. I find this site extremely helpful. Of course they use their ingredients but I just list the "generic" ingredients.
Top Review by Drummer Mom K
I made this recipe for my son's family birthday party. The whole family went wild over it. It was not heavy or ultra rich, just very tasty. I made it exactly as written except I used scallop pieces instead of crabmeat, and I sauteed the shrimp and scallops with a scallion and some garlic. It was easier than any other seafood lasagna recipe I looked at. I will definitely make this again.
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked, drained
- 1⁄2 lb cooked medium shrimp
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained, flaked
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE RE: shrimp,
- use fresh or thawed frozen shrimp. Medium would be 31-35 shrimp.
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F
- Melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat.
- Add flour; stir with wire whisk until well blended.
- Gradually add milk, mixing well after each addition.
- Bring to boil on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 to 5 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Combine spinach, cottage cheese, 2/3 cup of mozzarella cheese and nutmeg(if used).
- SPREAD 1/4 of Parmesan cheese sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Cover with 3 lasagna noodles and layers of 1/2 of shrimp, 1/2 of crabmeat and 1/2 of spinach mixture; top with 1/4 of Parmesan cheese sauce.
- Repeat layers, starting with the noodles.
- Finally topping with remaining 3 lasagna noodles, remaining Parmesan cheese sauce and the remaining 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese.
- foil with PAM and cover casserole.
- BAKE 25 minute
- Uncover; bake an additional 20 minute or until lasagna is heated through and top is lightly browned.
- Let stand 10 minute before cutting into 12 pieces to serve.
- Great Substitute:
- Prepare as directed, substituting ricotta cheese for the cottage cheese.
- Round Out The Meal:
- Serve with a crisp mixed green salad loaded with plenty of cut-up fresh vegetables and tossed with your favorite dressing, such as Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing.