Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Yummy treats with the goodness of wheat germ and flax.
- 44.37 ml milk
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml cocoa
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 78.07 ml crunchy peanut butter
- 59.14 ml wheat germ
- 7.39 ml ground flax seeds
- 236.59 ml quick oats
- Heat milk, sugar, and cocoa until it boils, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and peanut butter.
- Stir in wheat germ, flax, and oats.
- Drop by tbsps. onto waxed paper.
Love this healthy recipe! I doubled it, made the cookies about 2 Tbsp. in size, and used cashew butter instead of peanut. They are basically the traditional chocolate/oatmeal no-bake cookies. I can only taste flaxseed on the aftertaste. In addition, I did notice that after a few days on my counter, though tightly covered, they began to smell and taste rancid. Because of the milk I recommend refrigerating these cookies.