Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Oh, this is a good pie! Nice and rich. The recipe directs you to "rejoice in the calories." Recipe is 1from the Evans Farm Inn in McLean, Virginia.
- 1 unsweetened chocolate square
- 1⁄4 lb butter, 1 stick
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 pie shell, baked (can use a crumb crust, too)
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Melt chocolate. Cream the butter and sugar; add the chocolate and blend well. Add vanilla and 1 egg and beat a full 5 minutes. Add second egg and beat a full 5 minutes more.
- Pour into pie shell of choice. Top with a mountain of whipped cream.