Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Well just came up with my own bbq chicken recipe when I was fooling around in the kitchen the other day! My boyfriend devoured it! The chicken turns out VERY tender!
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 small onions or 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce, i prefer frank's red hot
- Mix all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and stir for 5 minutes.
- Put chicken in a casserole dish and pour mixture over chicken.
- Bake at 375 F for 1-1 1/2 hours.
Very good recipe! We expected it to be a little spicier, though. Maybe we'll increase the hot pepper sauce next time.