1/4 Photos of Newfoundland Cod Cakes
A dear "Newfie" friend used to make these for me and I love them. Cut back on the oil in the skillet for a skinny version. To be really authentic serve these cod cakes with baked beans. You may use left over mashed potatoes but they will produce a softer pattie. Just boil your potatoes and mash them with nothing added.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix potatoes, onion, parsley,butter & eggs.
- 2Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- 3Add cod, breaking it apart with a fork, mix well.
- 4Shape mixture into 3" patties.
- 5Coat with seasoned crumbs.
- 6In a skillet fry the patties in the oil, 4-5 minutes each side until they are golden brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Newfoundland Cod Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (1136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.2
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.9 mg
- Sodium 230.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 11.3 g