A dear "Newfie" friend used to make these for me and I love them. Cut back on the oil in the skillet for a skinny version. To be really authentic serve these cod cakes with baked beans. You may use left over mashed potatoes but they will produce a softer pattie. Just boil your potatoes and mash them with nothing added.
- Mix potatoes, onion, parsley,butter & eggs.
- Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Add cod, breaking it apart with a fork, mix well.
- Shape mixture into 3" patties.
- Coat with seasoned crumbs.
- In a skillet fry the patties in the oil, 4-5 minutes each side until they are golden brown.