Spicy Cod Cakes With Chipotle Sauce
photo by Sandi From CA
- Ready In:
4 appetizer portions
- 12 ounces cod fish fillets or 12 ounces flaky mild white fish fillets
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons light mayonnaise, divided
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly coat a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Rinse and pat cod dry, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in pan and bake 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Using a fork, break fillets into small flakes and place in a large bowl. Add egg, 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise plus panko and green onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then gently mix to combine. Form into 4 patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add patties; cook 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through (145°F).
- For the chipotle sauce: In a small bowl, combine sour cream, cilantro, chipotle and remaining (2T) mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top each cod cake with a spoonful of sauce or serve it on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!