Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A great sandwich bread. I have had good success with this recipe. I found it on the Internet, but can't remember the site. Enjoy!
- 1 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons wheat gluten
- 3 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Add to your bread machine according to manufacturers directions.
- I mix the flours and the gluten and caraway seeds before adding.
I love this bread!!! I did have to keep adding more flour to it tho, because it was sticky... real sticky. It worked out great tho. Its a keeper. I'll do it again and again!
Really good recipe...made it in my bread machine and it turned out well even when i did not add any wheat gluten. This recipe is a keeper. Thanks.
This bread is awesome! Slightly crunchy outside soft and chewy inside...I will definitely be making this on a regular basis!