Recipe by lauralie41
One of my adopted recipes that I have updated. The recipe comes from EverydayCook.com and makes quite a large bowl of potato salad. With summer picnic's, family reunions, and other special occasions this will be a welcome recipe to have on hand.
Top Review by Christy M. From Indiana
This was yummy! First time making potato salad. I also added celery pickle juice and pickles no sour cream because I did not have any, turned out wonderfully though.
- 5 lbs red potatoes, peeled, cubed, cooked
- 1 dozen hard-boiled egg, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dill pickle, chopped (or to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, cube, and boil potatoes in large pot of salted water.
- In another pan, boil eggs.
- When both have been cooked through, drain and let cool.
- Peel eggs and chop.
- In large mixing bowl add cooled potatoes, chopped egg, onion, pickles, and celery seed, salt and pepper.
- Add sour cream and mayonnaise and stir gently to combine being careful not to mash potatoes.
- Refrigerate until completely cooled before serving or overnight.