Chocolate Mint No-Bake Cheesecake
photo by Ninna
- Ready In:
- 1 (7 ounce) packet cookie crumbs or (7 ounce) packet plain cookies, crushed
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, more if desired
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 18 ounces cream cheese, at room temp
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 - 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 (5 ounce) packet after dinner mints, i use squares cut in half diagonally
- 10 fluid ounces thickened cream, whipped & sweetened
- Melt butter and add to biscuit (cookie) crumbs and cocoa.
- Press into the bottom (no need to do sides) of a foil (2 sheets) covered pan, I use a round 9" pan, chill until ready for filling.
- Beat cream cheese until soft then very slowly add condensed milk, beating as you add so it doesn't go lumpy.
- Add lemon juice and beat until smooth, pour into prepared pan, it should be reasonably thick once juice is added.
- Chill until set, then freeze for an hour – this makes it easy to remove from pan and to decorate, then place on serving plate.
- Melt about 8 mints with a tiny amount of the cream, I use the microwave on very low setting for about 15 to 30seconds (the cream is added so it won't be too hard to spread), you could use more mints here, just allow enough mints for decoration, spread melted mints over very cold cheescake.
- Spread enough whipped cream on top to cover the chocolate mint, smooth top and pipe the rest around the edges if you wish – I like to run a fork across top in lines so the chocolate shows through.
- Arrange mints, halved diagonally, around the top edge of cake or decorate as you wish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow this is great. My daughter wont eat anything with gelatine in it so this recipe is a godsend. I modified the recipe a little and used it as a base for a berry cheesecake so obviously no chocolate was used but to use it as a base..well everyone commented that it was the best cheesecake they had eaten! Now I'm making one for my daughters birthday! This now my favorite cheesecake recipe so thank you !!!!
This is more than a 5 star recipe it was absolutely devine! I used a whole packet of choc mints for the covering of cheesecake than another packet for the decoration or you could just use grated chocolate. It is a very big cheesecake and I used a springform tin so I didn't need the alfoil etc. This is now my new favourite cheesecake thanks for the recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi I’m Glen and I live in Sydney with my wonderful husband Ross. We have eight beautiful grandchildren, two of them live near us in Sydney, two live in Western Australia, two more live in Queensland and another two in northern NSW. I can't imagine how I ever managed before I found Zaar - I use it regularly to plan meals and find new and interesting recipes and most important of all to keep track of our family favourites. <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://wmg.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://wmg.photobucket.com/albums/v209/rglgrl/1159781795.pbw" height="240" width="360"></embed> The photos are of our beautiful grandchildren. <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://wmg.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://wmg.photobucket.com/albums/v209/rglgrl/1160294339.pbw" height="360" width="360"></embed> <a href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank"><img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/rglgrl/Collagez520-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"></a> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting">