Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Prudhomme's excellent recipe - unbelievable
- 2 dozen large shrimp
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- Rinse and drain shrimp.
- Combine dry seasonings to make seasoning mix.
- Combine butter, garlic, Worcestershire, and seasoning mix in a large skillet over high heat.
- When butter is melted, add the shrimp.
- Cook for two minutes, then add broth.
- Cook for 2 minutes then add beer.
- Cook 1 minute longer, or until shrimp are done and remove from heat.
- Serve immediately in a bowl with a mound of rice and with French bread for soaking juices.
- **If doubling recipe, you may wantto make in separate batches due to large recipe volume.**.