Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Hmm mm good
- 113.39 g salt pork, rinsed and chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium celery ribs, diced
- 4 medium waxy potatoes, peeled and diced
- 946.36 ml fish stock or 946.36 ml bottled clam juice
- 680.38 g white fish fillets, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pork in a large soup pot or saucepan over med heat until it has rendered its fat, about 4 minutes. increase the heat to med-hi and continue to cook until it begins to brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the onion and celery and continue to cook until the onion is soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the fish and simmer, covered, until the fish is just cooked, about 3 minutes. Add the half-and-half. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Heat just long enough to bring the liquid back to a simmer. Serve hot.