8 hrs 15 mins
I'm not a horseradish fan but my husband is, so when I found this recipe in a Betty Crocker cookbook I decided to give it a try. The horseradish completely mellows into this wonderful flavor that isn't hot or spicy and the gravy made with the juices is so yummy. No extra seasonings needed. The original recipe called for 1 tsp of black pepper but my family found it a bit too peppery so we cut back on that. Be sure to serve buns to clean up the plate with! We think this one is worth a try!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes, carrots, and onion into a 4-6 qt slow cooker.
- 2Place beef on top of vegetables.
- 3Mix horseradish, salt, pepper and 1 cup water; pour over top of beef.
- 4Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- 5Remove 2 cups of juices from crock pot and put into small sauce pan.
- 6Mix corn starch with 2 T cold water and then add to juices.
- 7Bring to a boil while stirring constantly until thickened.
- 8Serve gravy over meat and vegetables.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for New England Crock Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (632 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1212.6
- Calories from Fat 609
- Total Fat 67.7 g
- Saturated Fat 27.1 g
- Cholesterol 234.7 mg
- Sodium 1068.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 70.9 g