Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe on a B&B site. It comes from The Governor's Inn in Ludlow, Vermont. The servings are approximate.
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart whole milk
- 4 tablespoons sweet butter, melted (unsalted)
- Stir the flour, salt, sugar, and the melted butter into the corn.
- Beat the eggs slightly and combine with the milk.
- Combine the milk and corn mixtures and pour into a 2 quart baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Bake in a 450 degree oven for 45 minutes, until nicely browned.
- *IMPORTANT: Stir with a long-pronged fork, breaking the surface as little as possible 3 times during baking.
WOWEE! Custardy goodness! VERY easy to assemble & yes, DO bake it at 450F for 1hr! Deeelicious! I might cut back on the sugar next time as corn has a natural sweetness & didn't need all that sugar. I also added salt, pepper & cayenne. Just a wee bit leftover for brekkie!! A pressie for the 12 Days of Christmas Aussie Swap 12/08.