New England Clam Chowder (Pressure Cooker)
- Drain clams and reserve liquid. Measure clam liquid; add enough water to make 4 cups liquid and set aside.
- In the pressure cooker, brown diced bacon until golden. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Drain off all but 1/4 of the fat and saute onion for several minutes.
- Add potatoes, salt, pepper and reserved clam liquid (mixed with water) and bring to a boil.
- Seal, bring up to 15 lb. pressure, reduce heat to stabilize pressure and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, depressurize and remove lid.
- Add half and half, milk, butter and clams; heat gently (but do not boil). Serve immediately.