Recipe by TxBluebonnet
My hairdresser gave me this recipe years ago and I've made it so many times that I've come to think of it as my own. I've never served it to anyone who didn't like it. It's important that you use the combination of soups as listed or the gravy won't taste the same and the Monterey jack cheese adds such a creamy taste without being overwhelmingly cheesy. If you prefer a bottom crust, you may use a second can of the crescent rolls. I usually just use a top crust. The prep time is just an estimate since I usually cut up the ingredients early in the day and put in plastic baggies in the fridge.
Top Review by FB4082
Wonderful recipe! Yes, i made a few changes to satisfy my own pantry. Like many other readers, i used frozen veggies (16 oz), and cooked them in the microwave for 8 minutes first. Added a can of milk to the soup mixture to replace the can juices, and threw in some roasted red peppers from a jar i had in the fridge. Fast, easy, versatile and YUMMY!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 304.75 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup
- 2 (850.48 g) can mixed vegetables, do not drain
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 226.79 g monterey jack cheese, grated
- 226.79 g can crescent roll dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion, pepper and chicken in oil until vegetables are tender and chicken has turned white.
- Mix soups and mixed vegetables (including liquid).
- Pour over chicken and season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Turn into a 9"x 13" baking dish.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Separate crescent roll dough into triangles and place over cheese.
- It will not cover completely and this is not important.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.