1/1 Photo of Neiman-Marcus Butter Cake
Miss Annie's Note:
A nice cake to serve guests. If using a glass baking dish, reduce baking temperature to 325 degrees F and keep the same baking time..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- 3Pour cake mix into mixing bowl.
- 4Mix in 1 slightly beaten egg and butter to a moist dough consistency.
- 5Press mixture evenly in baking pan.
- 6Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, remaining eggs and vanilla together until creamy.
- 7Beat in sugar gradually, until smooth; this takes several minutes.
- 8Pour cream cheese mixture over dough in baking pan.
- 9Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
- 10Watch carefully so base doesn't get too brown.
- 11The cheese mixture sinks into the center somewhat, leaving a firmer crust around the edges.
- 12Cut into squares to serve.
- 13Some cooks sprinkle powdered sugar or pecans over the top of the baked cake or garnish it with fresh strawberries.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Neiman-Marcus Butter Cake
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.0
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 104.0 mg
- Sodium 439.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 56.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g