1/1 Photo of Neiman-Marcus Butter Cake
Miss Annie's Note:
A nice cake to serve guests. If using a glass baking dish, reduce baking temperature to 325 degrees F and keep the same baking time..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- 3Pour cake mix into mixing bowl.
- 4Mix in 1 slightly beaten egg and butter to a moist dough consistency.
- 5Press mixture evenly in baking pan.
- 6Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, remaining eggs and vanilla together until creamy.
- 7Beat in sugar gradually, until smooth; this takes several minutes.
- 8Pour cream cheese mixture over dough in baking pan.
- 9Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
- 10Watch carefully so base doesn't get too brown.
- 11The cheese mixture sinks into the center somewhat, leaving a firmer crust around the edges.
- 12Cut into squares to serve.
- 13Some cooks sprinkle powdered sugar or pecans over the top of the baked cake or garnish it with fresh strawberries.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Neiman-Marcus Butter Cake
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.0
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 104.0 mg
- Sodium 439.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 56.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g