1/1 Photo of Nearly Foolproof Ganache
I came across this in the newspaper and tried it, and it came out very smooth, rich, and delicious. I am putting it on here so I can save it with all of the recipes that I have found and saved on here :). What I did with it tonight was cool it to room temp, whip it with a mixer, then put some in between 2 chocolate chip cookies that I had just baked, and the result was awesome!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces semisweet chocolate or 14 ounces bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 3 tablespoons espresso or 3 tablespoons strong coffee or 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar or 1/4 cup granulated sugar or 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, preferably not ultrapasteurized
- 1 pinch coarse salt, more to taste
- 1In a heavy saucepan, combine all ingredients and melt together over very low heat, stirring.
- 2(Alternatively, combine in a bowl and microwave at low heat for 2 minutes. stir. continue cooking in 30 second blasts, stirring in-between).
- 3Just before all the chocolate is melted, remove from heat and stir until chocolate melts and mixture comes together.
- 4It may appear curdled, but keep stirring or whisk vigorously; it will smooth out.
- 5If too thick to pour, whisk in hot water a tablespoon at a time.
- 6Taste for salt and adjust the seasoning.
- 7NOTE: This mixture can be used in many ways. Serve it warm to hot as a sauce over ice cream. Warm, you can pour or pipe it over a cake, cupcakes, or cookies; it will set to a soft, rich glaze. Let it cool to room temperature and whip it in a mixer to make a fluffy frosting. Or chill it, then roll into balls and dust with cocoa powder to make truffles. Refrigerate leftovers in a jar; it will keep indefinitely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nearly Foolproof Ganache
Serving Size: 1 (663 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1389.7
- Calories from Fat 1253
- Total Fat 139.2 g
- Saturated Fat 86.2 g
- Cholesterol 122.2 mg
- Sodium 145.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 33.7 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 28.0 g