1/2 Photos of Nana's Melt in Your Mouth Blue Cheese Pork Chops
72 hrs 10 mins
My Mom,(called Nana by her Grands), made these for us for years. They truly do melt in your mouth . If you are a Blue CHeese fan, these are for you. A fix and forget main dish. I always serve either rice or noodles with it so I don't miss any of the yummy gravy. Also, she used very thick bone in chops, I mostly use the boneless ones, but they really should be thick ones, no matter which type you choose.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 250.
- 2Season the chops on both sides with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder.
- 3Lightly coat the chops in the sesoned flour.
- 4Heat oil in skillet and brown chops on both sides.
- 5Remove from pan and place in a Dutch Oven or an oven proof pan with a tight fitting lid or one that can be covered with foil.
- 6place the chops in the pan in a single layer and pour the chicken broth around them.
- 7Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top of the chops and cover the pan.
- 8Bake 3 hours on low, checking every so often to make sure they are not getting too dry. If need be add more broth,. but it should be okay. It will make it's own gravy to serve along side or over noodles or rice. We love this dish, my husand frequently requests it for his bithday dinner. Hope you enjoy it too.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nana's Melt in Your Mouth Blue Cheese Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.9
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 158.6 mg
- Sodium 750.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 49.7 g