Breaded Pesto Pork Chops
photo by Mommy2two
- Ready In:
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in medium size bowl or plate large enough to dredge chops into.
- Pat pork chops dry with paper towel. Season each side with salt and pepper.
- Coat Pork Chops with the pesto. Should be an even and thin layer of pesto on each side.
- Dredge pork chops into breadcrumb/parmesan cheese mixture. Coat both sides and all around.
- Place chops onto greased baking sheet. Lightly spray chops with cooking spray to get a crunchy outside.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes. The chops will continue to cook for another 5 minutes max while cooling down. This will prevent the chops from being dry!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The flavor of these was great! I think I used too much pesto as my breading didn't get crispy. I made 4 boneless loin chops, and still had plenty of breadcrumbs left over. These chops were so quick, I made them for my family before I headed out to the gym. I was too lazy to shred fresh cheese, so used the canned stuff, maybe that is part of the reason my chops didn't crisp up. Thanks for this quick and easy weeknight dinner. Made for PAC Spring 2009.