Recipe by drhousespcatcher
Feel free to add your favorite seasonings such as Lawry's. This isn't the exact recipe but way back when I was a kid my mother who made a lovely tuna casserole [right.. 3 bottles of ketchup spaghetti queen] and my Grandfather had one heck of a fight over the Tuna Casserole or the Hamburger Gravy. Grandfather ate his Hamburger Gravy over saltines that night and Mom MADE me eat the tuna. Didn't help her mood I cried and wanted the Gravy too.
Top Review by Redzilla1308
this is a horrible recipe. it has no taste and needed an extraordinary amount of salt to make it taste like anything. I would not recommend that anyone make this. I signed up on this website because i thought that this was bad enough to warn people of its lack of flavor.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve and mix together: the flour and the milk.
- Brown and crumbly ground beef, stirring frequently; drain well.
- Add onions and green bell peppers and cook until softened about 5 to 10 minutes. Add salt, water and a mixture of flour and milk. Cook, stirring until thick. Adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Serve over hot, cooked mashed potatoes or cooked noodles or cooked rice. Or over saltines or toast.