1 hr 20 mins
My hubby loves shepherd's pie and after many different variations, this was the combination he liked best. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups chicken broth (or 2 chicken bouillon cubes and 2 cups water)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1Peel potatoes and cut up into large cubes.
- 2Put in pot of water with onion powder, salt and pepper.
- 3Boil until soft.
- 4Brown meat, onion and garlic in a pan.
- 6Add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, chicken broth, garlic powder, salt, pepper and corn.
- 7Simmer for about 35 minutes or until thickened.
- 8Drain potatoes.
- 9While mashing with a potato masher, add half and half, butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chives and onion powder.(Add more of any of the above if needed).
- 10Spread a thin layer of mashed potatoes onto the bottom of a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- 11Spread meat mixture on top of potato layer.
- 12Spread the rest of the potatoes on top of the meat layer.
- 13Put small pats of butter sporadically along the top.
- 14Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- 15Bake in preheated oven at 350F for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and top of potatoes are slightly browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (537 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1188.2
- Calories from Fat 570
- Total Fat 63.4 g
- Saturated Fat 32.6 g
- Cholesterol 217.4 mg
- Sodium 2585.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 51.0 g