Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are the best tasting salmon patties I have ever eaten! Another traditional recipe that has been handed down for years and years. Delicious!!!
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can pink salmon
- 2 eggs
- 1 yellow sweet onion, diced
- 1 -2 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- canola oil or vegetable oil
- salt & pepper
- Mix together all ingredients.
- (*I usually de-bone my salmon, but you don't have to, I just like it better that way.*).
- Add canola or vegetable oil to pan/skillet and turn to about medium on the stovetop or a little higher than medium.
- Make mixture into patties and add to pan.
- Cook till crispy.
I really liked the slight taste of mustard in this recipe. I subbed italian bread crumbs (about 1/8 cup) for the flour and cornmeal, and only used one egg. I served these with scalloped potatoes (#103504) steamed asparagus and rolls. Thanks for this winner Chef Sunshine.
Wow!! These salmon patties are amazing!!! I used a little less than 1/4 cup of both the cornmeal and the flour, and it was just superb!!! The mustard and onion taste of this salmon patty is incredible!!! Have never eaten a salmon patty like this before...but will be the only one I make from now on!!!! Thanks so much!!