Recipe by Cathi Allen
This how my mom makes potato salad and whenever we go somewhere and have to take a dish I am asked to bring this. Thought I would pass it on.
Top Review by Joann Sklarsky
I always mix my dressing ingredients together first before adding to the entire dish. For instance mix the mayo, salt, pepper, horseradish together first in a small dish. If you are usign small pieces of onion and celery too then add that in as well, Then mix all of that with the potatoes. It spreads all of the dressing ingredients better throughout the salad. Tastes better faster. Although it is always better to let it "sit" a bit before serving this helps speed up that process.
- 6 white potatoes or 6 red potatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 Spanish onion (red onion)
- 4 eggs, boiled
- 2 cucumbers, remove the seeds (use the meat only)
- 2 1⁄2 cups Hellmanns Mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup Dijonnaise mustard (mom always used plain yellow ( i modified the recipe with the Dijonnaise) or 1⁄3 cup yellow mustard (mom always used plain yellow ( i modified the recipe with the Dijonnaise)
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- salt and pepper