Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a very rich & hearty dish. Preparation is pretty simple but tastes very sophisticated. A cool chick I met on myspace turned me on to it. Enjoy!
- 9 barilla no-boil lasagna noodles
- 3 (10 ounce) jars alfredo sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked diced chicken (breasts sauteed in 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup bottled roasted red pepper, drained & chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine Alfredo sauce, lemon juice, and black pepper and mushrooms.
- Stir in chicken, spinach and red peppers.
- Lightly coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange 3 noodles in bottom of dish.
- Top with one-third chicken mixture. Repeat layers twice.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until heated through and cheese is lightly browned.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
This was very good! I didn't have any ricotta or cottage cheese, so was looking for a white lasagna dish without those to use up some ground chicken. This worked out great. I did substitute the chicken breasts with some ground chicken breast, and just sauteed a fresh red pepper with the chicken since didn't have any roasted red peppers (and didn't feel like going through the roasting, peeling process). I also threw in a little bit of minced garlic and Italian spice blend while the chicken was browning. It turned out a little bit salty, but I think that was the ready-made refrigerated alfredo sauce I used (Buitolli brand ... first time I have used that, so I think that is where any saltiness came from, since there wasn't any added salt . I usually just make my own alfredo sauce, but had some in my refrigerator from a good sale). I also covered it with foil for the first thirty minutes because I think it would have browned too much without the foil. Browning for just the last 10-15 minutes uncovered worked fine. Thanks for the recipe! My bf HATES ground chicken, but he ate this :)