Quick Cheeseburger Chowder
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook ground beef until browned; drain off any fat.
- Stir in potatoes, celery, onion, green pepper, bouillon cube, water and salt.
- Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Whisk together flour and milk.
- Slowly add to meat mixture, stirring until thickened and bubbly.
- Add cheese and heat, stirring, just until cheese melts.
- Garnish with additional shredded cheese when serving, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the San Francisco area and love it here. I discovered Recipezaar (then Food.com..Genius Kitchen) in 2001 and have been so happy to have my favorite recipes stored safely here. I am mother to 7 and grandmother to 7. I love to knit, smock, sew, etc., but my favorite hobby of the moment is traditional rug hooking. This is a sample of what I do.? It's called "November".? I dyed most of the wool myself. It is made from wool flannel, cut into strips a little less than 1/4" and then worked into a linen backing. This is my 3rd rug.