Baked Santa Fe Cheese Dip
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 fresh tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- In a large mixing bowl stir together cheeses, mayonnaise, corn, chili peppers and garlic powder. (Mixture can be covered and chilled at this point for up to 24 hours).
- Combine tomato, green onion and cilantro. (Mixture can be covered and chilled at this point for up to 24 hours also).
- TO SERVE: Bake cheese mixture in an oven-proof dish in a 350° oven about 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from over and spoon tomato mixture in the center.
- Serve with vegetable dippers or tortilla chips.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I loved this, but no one else in the house was crazy about it. My only complaint is that it was rather oily. Don't know if it was the oil separating out of the mayonnaise or what. Especially loved the tomato/green onion/cilantro mixture on top (although I had to put it only in the center since DH doesn't eat tomatoes). Made for Zaar Cookbooks Tag.