1/1 Photo of My Kholodets (Fish Aspic)
6 hrs 30 mins
This is a cold dish, jellied fish. It is my version of a Ukrainian dish that is usually made with meat. It is really good served with horseradish sauce. I used Tilapia but any whitefish will work. Cook time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces tilapia fillets (1 fillet)
- 3 cups vegetable broth or 3 vegetable bouillon cubes dissolved in water
- 1/2 cup carrot, slices (approximately 1 large carrot)
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 ounce unflavored gelatin (2 packets)
- 3 slices lemons
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1Cook tilapia in microwave just until it is just done. Do not overcook or it will fall apart.
- 2Bring 3 cups water to a boil and add the bouillon cubes. Stir to dissolve. Add Worcestershire sauce, pepper, garlic powder, and sugar.
- 3Add the carrots and mushrooms. Cook until done.
- 4Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 5Use a cheese cloth or towel to strain the bouillon.
- 6Dissolve the gelatin packets in the bouillon.
- 7Pour 1 cup of bouillon into a rectangular dish and put into the refrigerator until it is semi-set.
- 8Cut tilapia into pieces and arrange on top of the gelatin. Arrange mushrooms and carrot pieces around the fish. Pour the rest of the bouillon over.
- 9Decorate with lemon slices and leek.
- 10Place in refrigerator a few hours until it is set. Serve with horseradish.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Kholodets (Fish Aspic)
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.5
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 21.3 mg
- Sodium 871.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: