Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
We both love this. I usually serve it over penne pasta. It freezes well. Could use boneless chicken thighs - Probably would not use breast as they dry out in the crockpot. All crockpots are different so, please take this into account.
- 1 1⁄2 kg skinless chicken thighs, cutlets
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons mixed Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- black pepper
- Put all ingriedients into crockpot except chicken. Stir until combined.
- Add chicken and stir so the chicken is covered by the sauce mixture.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3 hours.
My family enjoyed this. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs and served it over egg noodles. Very quick and simple to put together.