Spicy Chicken Dippers
I like these with a blue cheese dip, but go for whatever you like yourself. If you prefer you could use boneless chicken thighs, they will need a bit longer cooking. Prep time does not include chilling
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in finger-width strips and halved length-wi necessary
- 9 -10 ounces spicy tortilla chips, the amount will depend on the size of the chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons seasoned flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- oil (for frying)
- Put the tortilla chips in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin until they become coarse crumbs.
- Put them in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken strips in the flour, then into the egg and finally in the tortilla crumbs.
- Chill for at least half an hour.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden, crisp and cooked through.
- If you have to do it in batches keep them warm in the oven.
- Serve with a salsa or your own favorite dip.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Awesome recipe! I've made similar ones before where you coat chicken in doritos or other chips, but this one is the best so far since you actually fried it in oil...the rest I've done were done in the oven and just didn't have that nice crunch that these had. These were really easy and tasty too! I'll be making these again, and it will be fun to experiment with the different flavors of Doritos that are out there. Thanks for posting!Reply
Oh I loved this. I used some fresh chopped chives and minced some garlic along with some cayenne and black pepper - making my own personalized seasoned flour and I used a spicy cheese flavoured tortilla chips. I enjoyed these lots but a lot of the tortilla chips came off during the cooking process. Maybe I coated it to thick? Anyway, I fished out the tortilla pieces and put them on the plate anyway and dipped the fingers in fry sauce and put on some of those stray tortilla chip pieces in each bite. YUM! I think I will bake these next time just to keep all the chips on there. Thanks for sharing. Made for Pets'R'us Cook-a-thon - LiveStrong!Reply
see 7 more