Green Tea Asian Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Recipe from my local paper. Calls for boneless chicken thighs but you could also use boneless chicken breast. Serve this over greens or a bed of steamed rice.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup green tea, brewed hot
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, freshly peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, large, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Stir sugar into tea while hot; let cool. Combine, coriander, salt, black pepper, garlic, ginger and 2 tbsps of the canola oil.Place the chicken in a large ziplock bag and add half of the marinade. Seal the bag and let it chill for 1 - 6 hours.
- Heat the remaining marinade over medium high heat about 4 minutes or until reduced by one-third.
- Remove the thighs from the marinade and discard marinade in the bag. Heat remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a large skillet. Add chicken to skillet without crowding and cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Serve the chicken over the greens and drizzle with remaining sauce.
- Serve over mixed greens of arugula, spinach, cilantro and mint. Steam rice would be nice as well.
- NOTE: If using chicken breasts it will take longer to cook. Make sure they are completely cooked.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION