Recipe by -Sylvie-
Serve hot or cold with sausages, burgers, steak or anything else you have on your BBQ. I was clearing out all the supermarket recipe leaflets and cards and all the cut out recipes that kept piling up in my kitchen. I thought I'd post the ones that I liked the look and sound of here, to share and for future reference. This way you might find something you like and my kitchen gets decluttered! If you try it before me let me know what you think. From Tesco's 'Food Club' magazine.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar (Muscovado)
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry rhe onions in the oil over a medium heat until soft and brown.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute, before adding the sugar, vinegar and mustard.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Can be served hot or cold.