Hot & Sweet Pepper & Onion Relish
photo by mightyro_cooking4u
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 large bell peppers, any color (I used 2 red, 1 yellow, & 1 green)
- 2 red onions
- 5 -10 hot peppers, depending on heat you like
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt, I use garlic salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Clean & remove seeds & membranes from bell peppers, can leave seeds & all for hot peppers for more heat.
- Finely chop peppers & onions, by hand or food processor.
- Combine all ingredients in non stick pot, bring to boil & simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Can be put in containers for fridge or canned.
- If you are canning, 10 minute minimum water bath, so cans are sealed properly.
- Use for meats, on cream cheese & crackers, or just use you imagination.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I omit the corn starch. This recipe is fantastic and you just don't need it. I also use 2/3 cups sugar. The last batch I made the peppers were not really spicy enough for my taste so I added a generous amount of cayenne pepper to the mix and it was great!!! My favorite is to use it on either hamburgers or hot dogs! Also makes a great gift.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Love to cook & try new recipes. Am an avid saltwater fisherman, go whenever we get the chance. Looking for some different recipes for shrimp. They ran here unbelievable well this year, have 2 freezer full. Tired of the same old stuff.