Recipe by Julesong
This warm sauce goes wonderfully well over bratwurst, kielbasa, smoked sausage, grilled salmon, steamed broccoli, or even plain old hot dogs.
Top Review by Jewelies
Delicious, very easy to make and turned our honey chicken sausages into a really tasty dish. Thanks Julesong for recommending this recipe, I will make it often and keep that husband of yours in the kitchen, he's doing a great job creating recipes!
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon powder or 1 bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan over medium heat, mix together water, bouillon, oil, mustard, honey, wine, lemon juice, green onions, and capers.
- Whisk together well and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes, letting it reduce a bit.
- Mix together the corn starch and cold water, making sure it's not lumpy, and gradually add to the pan while stirring continuously.
- Let everything simmer together for another 5-7 minutes or to desired consistency, then serve immediately.
- Serve over sausages, salmon, or vegetables.