Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Chicken pieces are baked in a mild mustard sauce, then coated in poppy seeds. You can serve it on a bed of fresh small pasta shells or with mashed potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer in a large ovenproof dish.
- Mix together the butter, mustard, lemon juice, brown sugar, and paprika in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Brush the mixture over the upper surfaces of the chicken pieces and bake in the oven at 400F for 15 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and carefully turn over the chicken pieces. Coat the upper surfaces of the chicken with the remaining mustard mixture. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with poppy seeds and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve with pasta or mashed potatoes.
Fabulous chicken that I could eat every night! I first pounded out my chicken a bit. I used a hot and sweet mustard and added a pinch of horseradish. I was trying to stretch out the sauce a bit (since it smelled so good as I mixed it)so I added some honey and corn syrup. I admit that I was hoping for a sweet flavor. The poppy seeds are the best addition. They really add a great crunch. I served with Three Cheese Baked Mashed Potatoes which was divine together, along with some French green beans, and Soft White Dinner Rolls. Great, great meal! I'll be making this chicken on a regular basis. Roxygirl
This was really good. I used a little season salt in place of the regular salt that gave it a little zip. (very little) Very juicy meat texture. Thanks
Wonderful chicken recipe! I used very large chicken breasts (bone-in) for this recipe. They cooked an extra 15 minutes due to their size. The chicken was tender and juicy and the sauce was spectacular. I did add honey to the sauce because I wanted a deep glaze. Next time I make this chicken, and there WILL be a next time, I am going to double the sauce and serve it on the side as well. Everyone licked their plates clean! Thanks Asha!!!!