Recipe by *Asha*
Chicken pieces are baked in a mild mustard sauce, then coated in poppy seeds. You can serve it on a bed of fresh small pasta shells or with mashed potatoes.
Top Review by wwajhd
Gosh, this recipe is so good. My mom makes a near identical dish, and she recommends using bone-in, skin-on thighs and legs. Definitelyyy make some extra sauce-- I wish I had some left over to bathe in when I made it tonight!! I tossed some cooked rigatoni in the baking dish ooommgg extremely yummy (I wish I'd used the insane amount of egg noodles I have tho). I'm thinking next time, I'll let the chicken broil for a couple of minutes at the end to caramelize the sugar and make the skin a lil crispier mmmm.
- 8 chicken pieces (4oz each)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons mild prepared mustard (such as Dijon)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer in a large ovenproof dish.
- Mix together the butter, mustard, lemon juice, brown sugar, and paprika in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Brush the mixture over the upper surfaces of the chicken pieces and bake in the oven at 400F for 15 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and carefully turn over the chicken pieces. Coat the upper surfaces of the chicken with the remaining mustard mixture. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with poppy seeds and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve with pasta or mashed potatoes.