Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a family recipe that my grandma always has to make at Thanksgiving. She's not allowed to bring anything else! Usu. I use margarine, but I would recommend sticking wtih the butter in this recipe for the best flavor.
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 bunches green onions, sliced
- 3 lbs fresh green beans, rinsed and ends trimmed
- In a large skillet, melt butter and saute mushrooms and onions until soft.
- Add green beans and cook until tender.
- Season with salt to taste.
Ideal side! I dressed this lovely side up by using Baby Crimini mushrooms and fresh steam in the bag Haricot Verts. As this was a special dinner for DH and myself did cut the recipe down to serve two. Thanks so very much for the great post.
Delicious on the Thanksgiving table - awesome flavor (though we did reduce that butter down to about a tablespoon). Will be serving again as the main green vegetable for "regular" dinners. Thanks for the recipe WI Cheesehead!
With a little added garlic and balsamic vinegar, these were superb! Thank you!